Location: Peachtree Corners, GA, United States
Captives and Rent-a-Captives:
Self-Insured Workers Compensation (USA):
Risk Retention Groups (USA):
Mutual Insurance Companies:
Self-Insured Retentions (Liability):
Employee Benefit Trusts:
Overview -- We have extensive, recent experience with a wide variety of alternative risk transfer methods of self-insurance. In the past decade, we have assisted in the formation and operation of more than 200 alternative risk transfer mechanisms, including captives, risk retention groups, self-insurance funds, and workers’ compensation trusts.
- Our work has occurred in various alternative risk venues including Alabama, Anguilla, Arizona, Barbados, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Delaware, Hawaii, Kentucky, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Turks & Caicos Islands, Utah, Vermont, and Washington DC.
Feasibility Studies -- Our role for our alternative risk clients has frequently included performing feasibility studies. These feasibility studies have generally involved:
- Projecting the historical claims costs for the parent and comparing the projections to benchmark rates charged in the competitive market.
- Providing recommendations related to excess insurance/reinsurance structures, limits, retentions and coinsurance percentages.
Ongoing Consulting Services -- We have extensive experience providing services to alternative risk transfer entities on an ongoing basis. This work includes:
- Preparation of loss cost studies for the applicable exposures and proposed coverages.
- Development of rates, rate structures and rating rules, including experience rating and retrospective rating plans where applicable.
- Preparation of financial projections based on the proposed rates, budgeted expenses and anticipated claims under various confidence level scenarios.
- Assistance with decisions related to the appropriate level of capitalization.
- Preparation of actuarial information for reinsurance submissions.
- Negotiating with reinsurers, participation at steering committee meetings.
- Assistance with development of risk management protocols.
- Assistance with developing management information, and underwriting of large accounts.
- Market studies of overall rate levels and rate factors charged by traditional insurers.